that title is certainly a mouthful, isn't it?
(there's a bad joke about the cake being one too in there somewhere, isn't there?)
but this little treat is all that and more. packed with protein and wholesome-y deliciousness, you'll want to eat it both as a carb-heavy breakfast on workout days (or, you know, whenever), and as a dessert. in fact, you might have to keep yourself from eating the whole damn cake in one day. and you might not want to share.
if you want to make this even cleaner-eating, replace the brown sugar with a packet of stevia.
you will need
1 1/2 cups oats
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (or substitute for your milk of choice)
1 large egg, beaten
1 banana, mashed
2 heaping tablespoons peanut butter
1 scoop protein powder (i used vanilla)
1. preheat your oven to 350 F. combine the oats, sugar, baking powder, salt and spices.
2. add in the vanilla extract, milk and egg and mix well.
3. top with the mashed banana, scoop of protein powder and the peanut butter, and mix well again.
4. pour the batter into a lightly buttered pie pan (or a square baking pan if you want to make squares), and bake for 22-24 minutes.
5. serve and eat warm. (if you bring this to work, i suggest nuking it for 10-15 seconds to warm it back up!)
results: this might be what heaven feels like for me.
linked up to: salt tree social